Doctor insights on:
How Can You Prevent Spondylolysis And Spondylolisthesis
Yup: It's permanent but the symptoms can be treated with things like a brace or surgery. ...Read more
Yes : These three conditions are all permanent. They all can be treated. Conservative treatment may help all three. If all fails surgery may be an option. ...Read more
Depends!: One common type occurs during childhood and adolescence. It seems to be caused by repeated extension (leaning backward), so gymnasts and interior linemen (football) are at risk. But it is common among the general population. Another common type is part of the aging process; it normally is seen after age 50 and is slightly more common in women. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: A person's spine takes on a lot of stress when he carries a heavy backpack or gains 50-100 pounds in weight. Obesity can worsen spine problems such as spondylolysis or spondylolisthesis. Being extremely heavy can make the bones in the spine move a bit farther out of their normal positions. Back pains and other complications may occur. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How are spondylolysis and spondylolisthesis typically diagnosed?
- Can obesity make spondylolysis or spondylolisthesis worse?
- How to prevent spondylolisthesis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Obesity affect spondylolysis spondylolisthesis
- Treatment plan spondylolysis spondylolisthesis
- Spondylosis vs spondylolysis vs spondylolisthesis
- Can you spondylolisthesis?
- Talk to a neurologist online