Doctor insights on:
How Can You Prevent Back Pain On An Airplane
Back pain and flight: Prolonged sitting leads to increased pressure within the disc (even more so if someone is sloucing - which is what happens in an airplane seat). Someone with a partially damaged disc can have increased back pain. Another reason is muscle stiffness which can happen in any position if it is prolonged, in a back pain patient these muscles are usually painful to start with and can become more painful. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Proper lumbar: Support and walking around occasionally.Get a more detailed answer ›
I had pleuradesis surgery on my left apex of my lung Nov21, 2013. Upper back pain is bilateral and mild. Am I safe to fly in airplane now May2014?
Probably: better to check with your pulmonologist to be safe. ...Read more
Stretch: There are many studies on the subject of lower back pain. The majority suggest the best method of controlling chronic lower back pain is exercise to create core strength and loose weight. I also suggest daily stretching and core strength exercises. You can find these exercises at: http://harvardneurosurgeon.Com/pt2.Html. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Be aware : Be aware of proper body mechanics by using your legs as your power source and keeping the load close to your body while avoiding any type of twisting or rotation as you lift. Know your limits especially with large, bulky objects or heavy ones. ...Read more
Posture, stretching: Make sure your posture is good while sitting and that your workstation is set up for someone your height. See osha web site for recommendations: https://www.Osha.Gov/sltc/etools/computerworkstations/index.Html. Also, get up and stretch every hour and do stretches while seated at your desk. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to prevent ear pain on airplane trips?
- How to prevent gas on an airplane?
- How can i prevent back pain while doing squats?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you prevent seizures?
- Will cellulitis come back how can i prevent this
- How do you prevent back pain due to standing for long periods of time?
- How can you deal with the back pain caused from an epidural?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free