Doctor insights on:
How Can You Make A Kidney Stone Pass Quicker
The kidneys are paired organs that lie on either side of the vertebral column. Part of their critical functions include the excretion of urine and removal of nitrogenous wastes products from the blood. They regulate acid-base, electrolyte, fluid balance and blood pressure. Through hormonal signals, the kidneys control the ...Read more
Drink lots of water: Urologist may prescribe tamsulosin (flomax) to help ureter dilate and facilitate passage of stone. Some stones are larger than 5 - 6 mm in diameter or have little spikes & get stuck. You may then need a urologist to perform laser lithotropsy or lithoclast lithotripsy to break up stone endoscopically.Larger kiney stones may require shock wave treatment to break up or percutaneous kidney lithotripsy. ...Read more
Solutes precipitate and combine to form stones formed of calcium oxalate usually around a nidus of uric acid. Other solutes that form stones are ca and mg phosphates, cystine, and uric acid staghorn calculi form in the presence of chronic urinary tract infections. Stones can be painful, may require ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you tell if you passed a kidney stone?
- How old can you be to pass a kidney stone?
- What size kidney stone can you pass?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can you do to pass a kidney stone?
- Can you pass a kidney stone without knowing?
- Can you pass a kidney stone without pain?
- Can you pass a kidney stone and not know it?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free