Doctor insights on:
How Can You Know If Your Finger Is Broken
X-ray: The only way to know for sure is to get an x-ray. A finger with a small break or a breaks that isn't too badly out of place may not look too bad from the outside. Also, it's an "old wive's tale" that it's not broken if you can move it. Hope you feel better soon! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pain, swelling, loss: Of motion, deviation, rotation, stiffness, throbbing, numbness, discoloration, tightness all can be symptoms of a finger fracture. If one suspects a fracture, then elevation, ice , splinting and urgent evaluation is needed as many seemingly simple fractures in the hand require a detailed understanding of what to do to optimize healing and return of function. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Toe fracture.: With an x-ray. Unless there is gross deformity or the toe is misangled then you will need physical examination, medical history & x-ray to determine if your toe is broken. Please see a podiatrist or orthopedic surgeon if you are concerned. Take care. ...Read more
X-rays: The elbow is a very unforgiving joint. The least damage limits the range of motion significantly. If you have been injured and there is any limitation of motion or concern for undue swelling, pain or motion, then get seen and have x-rays. Even minor fractures in that region are important. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you know if your finger is broken?
- How can you tell if your finger is broken?
- How do you know if your pinky finger is broken?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you know if you have a broken finger?
- What can they do for you if your finger is broken?
- Can you move your finger if its broken?
- How do you know if your nose is broken?
- Talk to a hand surgeon online for free