Doctor insights on:
How Can You Increase Your Blood Pressure
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
Insignificantly: Adderall, & similar meds, have the potential to increase bp, but it is rare in appropriate dosing. If there is an increase at all, it is generally not clinically significant. Still, we monitor BP at every appointment. And, the other meds you take, as well as fitness and lifestyle habits (like coffee & nicotine use) need be taken into account, if there ever is an apparent increase. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Does 60mg pseudoephedrine hci increase your blood pressure by a lot? And is it safe to take if I have anxiety?
Can do: This can be enough to set some peoples BP soaring! usually this happens to those suffering from pre-existing high BP issues. I rarely see BP problems in normotensive people taking pseudophed. ...Read more
No: Salt load, takes a while. Acute gastric distension can cause a decrease BP with vasovagal action. ...Read more
Many possibilities: Salt in your diet. Normal fluctuation. Were you totally at rest when it was measured? Was your arm at heart-height? Is your cuff accurate? Are there foods interfering with your medications (if you're on any?) have you gained weight? Are you on any new med? Are you stressed? Have you slept well? If none of the above, just treat it and get it down to normal to reduce your risks. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you tell the difference from peeing blood and being on your period?
- How can you increase your bone density after chemotherapy?
- How can you increase the size of your breasts?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you increase your chances of getting pregnant?
- How low can your blood pressure go?
- How does someone increase your blood pressure if blood pressure is low?
- How do you know when your blood pressure is high?
- Talk to a cardiologist online