Doctor insights on:
How Can You Improve Your Vision Without Utilizing Corrective Lenses
Diet, Light, XRcise: 1) a well balanced diet is essential for optimal functioning of all parts of the body. If you are unable to eat certain necessary foods, speak with your family doctor about food supplements. 2) make sure you always have adequate lighting for reading, proper background room light when watching tv, and sun glasses for outdoor activities. 3) strengthen your ocular muscles by doing "push-ups", etc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I do not: Think such lenses are necessary.Get a more detailed answer ›
Soft or Gas Perm cls: Gas permeable contacts can alter the shape of the cornea resulting in blurred vision with glasses after they are removed (spectacle blur) this is best compensated by getting a glass rx for that shape so you can use your glasses in the evening. In this case, the longer you use your glasses, without contact use in between, the worse they will function. ...Read more
Be careful: Vision correct surgery works well, but is is often misunderstood. People your age often seek it because they have developed a need for reading glasses. I suggest trying contact lenses with a mono-vision correction. If this works for you, then laser vision correction can eliminate the contacts. If you don't like the monovision, you will be miserable if you proceed with surgery. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Improving vision without glasses or contact lenses
- How can you improve your night vision?
- Can i determine my vision from my corrective lens prescription?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long can you wear contact lens without hurting your eyes?
- How can you improve your liver function?
- Can you have strabismus without your vision being affected?
- How can you tell if your soft contact lens is inside out?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free