Doctor insights on:
How Can You Heal A Broken Wrist
Immobilize: This is a strange question. Are you sure that it is broken? Fractures involving the wrist can be complicated and lead to permanent pain and disability so it is imperative that you seek proper evaluation and treatment. In other words, go see your family doctor or a hand specialist without delay! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: Depends on the bones bronke, the extent of the break the nature of the break and the treatment you have recieved and any delay you had in treatment or diagnosis. If it is a navicular bone fracture, there can be difficulties. If there was a dislocation, that can cause problems as well. Make sure you have good follow up with an orthopedist or someone skilled in treatment of these fractures. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Wrist fractures : Generally take 6-8 weeks to heal meaning the fracture line is "gone" however a hairline fracture in a healthy adult may feel "healed@ ie pain free and be suitable for part time splinting after 3 weeks depending upon the circumstances . Children's fractures are different as kids heal faster and buckle fractures are technically stable . Still most buckle fractured are more comfortable casted. ...Read more
About six weeks: Most distal radius fractures are headed enough to use after six weeks. Complete healing includes remodeling will take a year. ...Read more
6-8 weeks: Most wrist fractures will heal in 6-8 weeks. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you tell if your wrist is broken?
- How can you cope with a broken wrist?
- How can you sleep with a broken wrist?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to heal a broken wrist faster?
- How can you heal a broken thumb?
- How long will it take for a broken wrist to heal?
- How can you heal after removal of plates and screws of a broken ankle?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free