Doctor insights on:
How Can You Give A Child Cough Medicine
Cough: Age of the child and presenting clinical condition are important factors to consider before answering this question.Is your child having breathing difficulty, fever, could he/she have swallowed a small object, how long has the cough been going on, is your child less than 2 years old, does he/she have asthma.Cough is a protective reflex of your large airways, a prolonged cough could be bad.Call your md. ...Read more
None: Cough medicine is not recommended in general for young children and not indicated for classic croup. If the child has concerning croup symptoms they should be seen by physician as they may require other medications such as steroids. Cool air and warm moist air can both also decrease symptoms. ...Read more
Is it ok for a child to take steroid medicine, cough medicine and azithrowmycin around the same time of each other?
Some of them: The best thing to do is ask your child's doctor. Many of the over-the-counter cough meds have been shown to be ineffective in children, or cause side effects. When I do use one, I tend to use a simple antihistamine (Benadryl, Zyrtec) instead of a combination med. Honey (in warm water or tea) has also been found to be effective for cough- in children over 2 yrs old. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How often can you give a child an enema to relieve constipation?
- How can a thyroid make you cough?
- How long can you give a baby gripe water and is it dangerous?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How often can you give a newborn a glycerin suppository?
- How can you give yourself a miscarriage?
- How can you tell if a child is faking a tic disorder?
- Can bad posture affect how you grow as a child?
- Talk to a pediatrician online