Doctor insights on:
How Can You Describe Pleuritic Chest Pain
Many reason: consult: Can be due to heavy lifting (chest wall muscle pain). Pleuritic pain after a pulmonary virus. Smoke Inhalation. Gastric Reflux. Asthma. Also more serious: Inflamed heart lining. Small opening between heart chambers (PFO, ASD). Solution: Reflux: no food after dinner. Refrain heavy lifting. Asthma:need treatment. Heart problem must seek Consultation (PMD, Cardiology). ...Read more
Soreness/burning esp. with deep breath, left side ribs. Made worse by laying on side. Could it be pleuritic chest pain?
If my lupus was in remissino (no inflammation present), would I still get muscle & pleuritic chest pain) tapering below 5mg?Is inflamm cause of pain?
No: If lupus is in remission you should not have symptoms of the disease and you should be able to taper off prednisone. It is very common to have Fibromyalgia with lupus. This may cause your chest pain and muscle pain. It requires a different treatment. Your rheumatologist can help you sort this out. ...Read more
On prednisone taper below 6 mg, can withdrawal symptoms simply be mini flare up of my lupus symptoms (pleuritic chest pain, muscles aches, etc)or no?
Lupus & struggling w/prednisone drop from 6mg to 5.5 mg. Get pleuritic chest pain, muscles pain/stiffness, brain fog (mini flare or withdrawal sx)?
Alternate: If you need to come off the prednisone check with your specialist because some stay on a low dose everday for life to decrease symptoms you may start with 6 then next day 5.5 then 6 and alternate for a couple of weeks before decreasing to 5.5 alternating with 5 SOmeimtes though it still small even going 6 then 5 3/4 is possible to slowly decrease ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Have lupus.Struggling w/ prednisone taper below 5mg(head fog, pleuritic chest pain,body aches).MD said it's withdrawal symptoms & best to push thru sx.True?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you have chest pain and problems breathing from a muscle strain?
- How can you tell the difference between kidney pain and flank pain?
- How long can you get pain killers with a broken hand?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you tell if back pain is caused by an std or not without getting checked?
- How long can you be taking pain pills after back surgery?
- Can you tell me how sciatic leg pain is different from leg claudication?
- How can you tell the difference between backpain and kidney pain?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free