Doctor insights on:
How Can You Cure Tunnel Vision
Unlikely: Most tunnel vision if persistent, is due to inherited or acquired photoreceptor damage or loss and is permanent. There is currently no known cure, so you will have to adapt with low vision training and assistance. You should start with your ophthalmologist who can refer you to proper resources in your community. ...Read more
I ve what i wish to describe as tunnel vision, and it causes problems in life, please can u advice of causes of this and any way to clear this issue? Tks
Loss of peripheral: In tunnel vision, the peripheral portions of the retina lose their sensitivity and only the central portion remains (a tunnel straight ahead). Most often found in inherited degenerations like retinitis pigmentosa, some drugs can do this as well as rare retiinal infections. Advanced tunnel vision is very handicapping as victims cannot see their feet, or objects in view. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Glaucoma: Glaucoma affects the peripheral vision and patients with a very advance glaucoma have what we call" tunnel vision". Glaucoma is a silent disease and without proper screening can advance and affect your vision. Comprehensive eye exams will help detect it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Unlikely: Tunnel vision is most common after inherited retinal degenerations. It can occur in advanced ocular disease like glaucoma. In these cases it is gradual and fainting is not associated. If tunneling is acute due to vascular insult like embolic passage, then fainting is possible if the tunnel vision is accompanied by emboli in the brain or if it is due to loss of blood pressure causing fainting. ...Read more
Restricted field: Tunnel vision is when the vision outside the central axis is impaired or lost. It is typical for some inherited conditions and occurs in advanced diseases like glaucoma and diabetes. It is quite handicapping even if the central vision is fine and if less than about 10 degrees may require a seeing eye dog. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you tell the difference between arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome?
- How do you get an anal fissure and how can it be cured?
- How can you get temporary blurred vision what can cause it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you cure hemorrhoids without taking medicines?
- How can you improve your vision without utilizing corrective lenses?
- How can you cure a blood shot eye?
- How can you cure blisters from a sun burn?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free