Doctor insights on:
How Can U Tell If You Have A Blood Clot
If you are having : Swelling in just one of your legs, then get it checked out. If you have this swelling, and/or pain, redness, heat, then get it checked out immediately. Some people have blood clots in there legs and can be asymptomatic. If you suspect a blood clot, this can lead to something called an embolism, or travelling clot, that can be lodged in your lungs and can occasionally be fatal, so get checked out! ...Read more
Swelling and pain: While these are not specific, swelling and pain of the thigh or of the calf can be signs and symptoms of deep vein clots of the thighs. Blood clots of the arteries in the thighs would cause a cold, painful, and numb foot and calf. The only way to know for sure is to go to the er or see a vascular surgeon who can do an ultrasound of the blood vessels to see clot. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pain and swelling: There is usually pain and swelling of the legs. This pain can be worse on trying to flex and extend your ankles. If you have shortness of breath and chest pain as well go to the er to rule out a blood clot in your lungs. Risk factors include obesity, recent long distance travel, long periods of inactivity and sometimes clotting disorders. You will need a doppler study of the leg to rule this out. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Blood clots hurt!: In just about everyone.Get a more detailed answer ›
See doctor: Please see a health care professional for exam. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can u tell if you have a yeast infection?
- How can you tell if u have a cavity without going to the dentist?
- How can you tell if you have a blood infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to tell if i have a blood clot?
- How can u tell if your having a miscarriage?
- How can u tell if u have a tapeworm?
- How can u tell if u have a kidney infection?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free