Doctor insights on:
How Can U Tell If You Have A Blood Clot
If you are having : Swelling in just one of your legs, then get it checked out. If you have this swelling, and/or pain, redness, heat, then get it checked out immediately. Some people have blood clots in there legs and can be asymptomatic. If you suspect a blood clot, this can lead to something called an embolism, or travelling clot, that can be lodged in your lungs and can occasionally be fatal, so get checked out! ...Read more
Swelling and pain: While these are not specific, swelling and pain of the thigh or of the calf can be signs and symptoms of deep vein clots of the thighs. Blood clots of the arteries in the thighs would cause a cold, painful, and numb foot and calf. The only way to know for sure is to go to the er or see a vascular surgeon who can do an ultrasound of the blood vessels to see clot. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pain and swelling: There is usually pain and swelling of the legs. This pain can be worse on trying to flex and extend your ankles. If you have shortness of breath and chest pain as well go to the er to rule out a blood clot in your lungs. Risk factors include obesity, recent long distance travel, long periods of inactivity and sometimes clotting disorders. You will need a doppler study of the leg to rule this out. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Blood clots hurt!: In just about everyone.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you tell if u have a cavity without going to the dentist?
- How can i tell if i have a blood clot in my leg after a plane trip?
- How can u tell if you have a yeast infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you tell if you have a cut in your mouth or herpes?
- Can a complete blood count tell you if you have mono?
- How can a ct scan tell if you have a kidney stone or cancer or something else?
- How can you tell if you have gastritis is it just a problem of too much acidity?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free