Doctor insights on:
How Can U Tell If You Have A Blood Clot
If you are having : Swelling in just one of your legs, then get it checked out. If you have this swelling, and/or pain, redness, heat, then get it checked out immediately. Some people have blood clots in there legs and can be asymptomatic. If you suspect a blood clot, this can lead to something called an embolism, or travelling clot, that can be lodged in your lungs and can occasionally be fatal, so get checked out! ...Read more
Pain and swelling: There is usually pain and swelling of the legs. This pain can be worse on trying to flex and extend your ankles. If you have shortness of breath and chest pain as well go to the er to rule out a blood clot in your lungs. Risk factors include obesity, recent long distance travel, long periods of inactivity and sometimes clotting disorders. You will need a doppler study of the leg to rule this out. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Blood clots hurt!: In just about everyone. ...Read more
Imaging: The only way to determine if you have a blood clot is by performing an imaging study. Depending the are in which the clot is presumed to be your physician will recommend the appropriate study. ...Read more
Ultrasound: If you are having pain or swelling in your leg, you should contact your primary physician to have an ultrasound, or duplex of the veins in your legs. If there is a dvt, it would then be treated with blood thinners. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you tell if u have a cavity without going to the dentist?
- How can i tell if i have a blood clot in my leg after a plane trip?
- How do you know if u have a blood clot?
- How can u tell if you have a yeast infection?
- How do you tell if you have a blood clot?
- How can you tell if you have a blood infection?
- How can you tell if you have a collapsed lung?
- How can you tell if you have a cut in your mouth or herpes?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free