Doctor insights on:
How Can Someone Tell Me About Trichotillomania
Get help: You may get a lot better if you talk to a therapist or even work with a psychiatrist. There are ways through talk therapy or medicines to alleviate your symptoms. Some patients benefit from selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors or n-acetylcysteine. You should be able to find a therapist in the la area that could get you started! get better soon with the resources that in your community! ...Read more
Trichotillomania: If it is due to hair pulling on your part - it might be. ...Read more
Trich+Anxiety Exprt : Chronic hair pulling - trichotillomania- is a body-focused repetitive behavior (bfrb). "trich" can arise in response to (a) emotions - anxiety, fear, boredom, excitement; &/or (b) detecting some irregularity on scalp. Hair pulling can feel pleasurable & can serve to relieve tension. There are effective treatments. Learn more about trich @ trich.Org. To learn about panic: http://www.Anxietybc.Org. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Treat the cause: The microdot process is purported to replace hair loss from many causes. But if the basic problem -- compulsive hair pulling, or trichotillomania -- is not treated, it will simply recur. You may be better served by working with a psychiatrist and psychotherapist. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/pmh0002485/. ...Read more
Psychiatrist: Don't yell at me - i'm not saying you're "crazy", because you are not. If you had a stomach or nerve disorder you would go to a stomach or nerve specialist. When you have a compulsive disorder like trichotillomania, you go to a compulsion specialist, a psychiatrist, who will help you figure out why you are pulling your hair out, and suggest ways to help you stop doing it. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can someone tell me how the nuvaring is inserted and works?
- Can anybody tell me how long the affects of black mold exposure typically last?
- How can you tell if someone is faking a headache?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How would adult diapers help my ibs if they can tell its me pooping?
- I am a nervous wreck my daughter has budding breasts can you tell me about it
- How can you tell if someone fakes a heart attack?
- Can you tell me the life expectancy of someone with metastatic cancer?
- Talk to a dermatologist online