Doctor insights on:
How Can My Doctor Diagnose Gynecomastia
Male breast enlargement is also known as Enlarged male breasts. Gynecomastia, or enlargement of the male breast gland, can be due to hormone, imabalances, medications, age, or genetics. It is a medically treatable condition - see a board-certified plastic surgeon for the different options. These can include liposuction, direct excision of the glandular tissue, and even excision of ...Read more
I'm 77, a male, diagnosed with gynecomastia, (non-cancerous, tender lump size of walnut under one nipple). Doctor wants to start tamoxifen. Is this necessary?
Autonomy rules: If you are very sure this isn't male breast cancer (i'm going to assume it was biopsied), and it doesn't bug you, you're within your rights to have it left alone. You can also get with a surgeon and have the thing out in the office. Truth be told, i'm wondering whether communications may have broken with with your own physician & if it's not time just this once for a 2nd opinon just for this reasn. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Male breasts can be surgically treated and there are a number of options. The most common is using liposuction to reduce the size of the male breast. We typically try this first; even if it does not completely cure the problem, it will often lead to a large reduction in the size of the breast. If the breast...(read more)
I am taking a medication to treat,reduce, and ultimately remove gynecomastia and would like consult from a doctor.
None.: There are no specific exercises that will help improve the appearance of gynecomastia. The excess tissue is superficial to the pectoralis major muscle; therefore, strengthening the chest wall muscles will not necessarily help. If adipose tissue plays a role, losing weight may be helpful. Best wishes. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Call a reputable: hospital in your area and ask for a list of credentialed surgeons and schedule consultations to help decide which is the best fit for you. Most will have portfolios of their work, as well as patient testimonials. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What kind of doctor can diagnose gynecomastia?
- How can i request my doctor to admit me to hospital?
- How can i ease my anxiety about a female doctor doing a prostate exam?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long can i wait before having my mcl repair after it has been diagnosed?
- How can i tell if my doctor will be the right one to treat me?
- How many weeks do i have to be so i can my doctor can stripping the membranes?
- How can i make my pink eye situation better before i go to the doctors?
- Talk to a breast surgeon online for free