Doctor insights on:
How Can My Doctor Diagnose Gynecomastia
Gynecomastia, or enlargement of the male breast gland, can be due to hormone, imabalances, medications, age, or genetics. It is a medically treatable condition - see a board-certified plastic surgeon for the different options. These can include liposuction, direct excision of the glandular tissue, and even excision of ...Read more
Male breasts can be surgically treated and there are a number of options. The most common is using liposuction to reduce the size of the male breast. We typically try this first; even if it does not completely cure the problem, it will often lead to a large reduction in the size of the breast. If the breast...(read more)
Plastic Surgeons.: The decision of whether or not to proceed with surgery to correct gynecomastia will ultimately be a very personal decision based on whether the enlarged breast gland causes physical and/or psychosocial “distress”. As always, patient should weigh the pros/cons associated with the procedure to determine whether to proceed or not. Consultation with board certified plastic surgeons may be helpful. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Call a reputable: hospital in your area and ask for a list of credentialed surgeons and schedule consultations to help decide which is the best fit for you. Most will have portfolios of their work, as well as patient testimonials. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What kind of doctor can diagnose gynecomastia?
- How do doctors diagnose ibs?
- How do doctors diagnose brucellosis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do doctors diagnose arteriosclerosis?
- How do doctors diagnose meningitis?
- How to diagnose my symptoms?
- My doctor told me i have gynecomastia what is that
- Talk to a breast surgeon online for free