Doctor insights on:
How Can I Treat Pink Eye At Home
Eye infection: I would not treat an eye infection without seeing an eye doctor to get a definite diagnosis and treatment plan. Many causes are viral and will not respond to antibiotics, and some cases of red eye are not an infection at all. Plus, some antibiotics work better than others for a given condition, depending on the patient's history. ...Read more
Depends: There are three different problems called "pink eye". Bacteria pink eye causes redness and pus in the eye all day. This needs antibiotics. Virus and allergy pink eyes look very similar- redness and possible drainage in the morning, but mostly tearing during the day. They will clear up on their own. Just keep the eyes clean with clear water and wash your hands well. Call doctor if getting worse. ...Read more
Viral conjunctivitis: Viral infection on the inner part of the eyelid and thin moist "skin"covering the eyeball-called the conjunctiva is called "conjunctivitis." you infect your eye when you touch a surface (or person) with the virus and rub your eye-transfering the virus. Frequent hand washing helps prevent this. Sharing towels or pillows can also cause infection. Antibiotics don't work. Just time 7-14 days. ...Read more
Tea bags: Damp tea bags of flower teas like chamomile, and even black tea bags, can treat the surface of the eyes naturally and with little risk. Avoid plain water, but rather, use saline or eye wash to rinse your eyes, bacterial conjunctivitis is not nearly as contagious as viral conjunctivitis. Antibiotic drops are the preferred medical treatment for bacterial conjunctivitis. ...Read more
Hope!: Use artificial ears and keep your fingers crossed. If it persists, call your ophthalmologist. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i get rid of pink eye at night without medicine?
- How can i treat bacterial vaginosis at home?
- How to treat pink eye at home?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have skin tag near my eye lid can i cut off at home
- What things can i do to treat placental insufficiency at home?
- How do i get rid of pink eye using home remedies or otc meds?
- How many days do i have to stay home from school if i have pink eye?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free