Doctor insights on:
How Can I Treat Finger Laceration
Cleanse: If simple, shallow, cleanse wound and cover with dry dressing. If gapped may use a steristrip to approximate. If deep or long, over a joint, any change in sensation, a bite laceration, dirty mechanism or any impraired range of motion see a surgeon. Be sure you are up to date on tetanus immunization. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Finger and hand lacerations (cuts) need further evaluation by a qualified physician because it is very easy to damage other structures, such as nerves or tendons. Also, it is very easy to get an infection in your fingers or hands, and those can spread very quickly and become a serious problem if untended. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Tendons,Nerves,Blood: In addition to the skin on the finger which needs to be closed, there are other vital structures in the fingers that may need prompt attention by a doctor. This includes the tendons that straighten and bend the fingers; nerves that give sensation; arteries that carry blood; and bones. If there is any difficulty moving the finger, numbnes in the tip or the tip is pale go to the er. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Good idea: If glass was in the ground or dirt, yes.If due, probably not a bad idea anyway. ...Read more
Finger laceration had 6 stitches. Flap came up after removal. A steristrip fell off after 10 days. Flap is open with fatty tissue. Who should I see?
I got got stitches for a finger laceration about 5 days ago and now my hand is red and a little swollen?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i treat foot laceration?
- How can i treat swelling on the roof of my mouth?
- How can i treat a pulled muscle on my side?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i tell if the stitches in my finger are getting infected?
- How can i treat swelling in leg and ankle following knee replacement?
- How can i treat diphenhydramine overdose?
- How can i treat the vertical lines on my nails?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free