Doctor insights on:
How Can I Treat Enlarged Lymph Nodes
My son is coughing and has enlarged lymph nodes. Two small ones on each side of his neck (for over 8 weeks) and a new one the size of a cherry pit.
I have enlarged lymph nodes in axilla, retroperitoneal and pelvic area in groin. 2 cm largest with suv 8 being the maximum. ? Feelings
Possible lymphoma: The presence of lymph nodes that can be palpated in axilla would lead to evaluation of other sites as seen on CAT scan. This procedure must have been ordered to see if other nodal areas were involved as in retroperitoneum. Since there are many causes of multiple areas of enlarged nodes, dx must be determined by bx. Aspiration of no value since architecture of nodes required for proper dx. ...Read more
Lymph nodes: If the cause is infection related or benign, mostly lymph nodes will go away; if cause is cancer related, they may continue to enlarge or new lymph nodes will show up. It ll be associated with weight loss and night sweats and it would require a lymph node biopsy to figure out what is going on? ...Read more
Monitoring Centers: The lymphatic system absorbs things too big to go into the arteries/veins like bacteria eaten by white cells and digested food. Lymph nodes "taste" the lymph to see if there is bacteria/viruses/ cancers, etc. When it detects a problem, it alerts the immune system and your body reacts. They enlarge/hard in response to the inflammation created when they react. Sx - pain, feeling the node. ...Read more
Yes this would: Be possible. Do we know why the lymph nodes were enlarged? ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can epididymitis cause enlarged lymph nodes in the groin?
- Can stress cause enlarged lymph nodes?
- Can sinus infection cause enlarged lymph nodes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can gallstones cause enlarged lymph nodes?
- How to treat swollen lymph nodes?
- How to treat a swollen lymph node?
- Enlarged lymph nodes in pancreas
- Talk to a hematologist online for free