Doctor insights on:
How Can I Treat Enlarged Lymph Nodes
My son is coughing and has enlarged lymph nodes. Two small ones on each side of his neck (for over 8 weeks) and a new one the size of a cherry pit.
I have enlarged lymph nodes in axilla, retroperitoneal and pelvic area in groin. 2 cm largest with suv 8 being the maximum. ? Feelings
Possible lymphoma: The presence of lymph nodes that can be palpated in axilla would lead to evaluation of other sites as seen on CAT scan. This procedure must have been ordered to see if other nodal areas were involved as in retroperitoneum. Since there are many causes of multiple areas of enlarged nodes, dx must be determined by bx. Aspiration of no value since architecture of nodes required for proper dx. ...Read more
Lymph nodes: If the cause is infection related or benign, mostly lymph nodes will go away; if cause is cancer related, they may continue to enlarge or new lymph nodes will show up. It ll be associated with weight loss and night sweats and it would require a lymph node biopsy to figure out what is going on? ...Read more
Monitoring Centers: The lymphatic system absorbs things too big to go into the arteries/veins like bacteria eaten by white cells and digested food. Lymph nodes "taste" the lymph to see if there is bacteria/viruses/ cancers, etc. When it detects a problem, it alerts the immune system and your body reacts. They enlarge/hard in response to the inflammation created when they react. Sx - pain, feeling the node. ...Read more
Yes this would: Be possible. Do we know why the lymph nodes were enlarged? ...Read more
Biopsy: The only way to know for sure is to undergo a biopsy. This can be tricky for lymph nodes since the nonsurgical approach that we favor (needle biopsy) may sometimes provide insufficient tissue for definitive diagnosis, necessitating surgical excisional biopsy. Often, we can safely watch enlarged lymph nodes in the right clinical situation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i tell if something is a soft lymph node or a cyst?
- Can i feel iliac lymph nodes?
- How can i treat swelling on the roof of my mouth?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i treat extremely dry skin on the tops of my toes?
- How can i treat swelling in leg and ankle following knee replacement?
- How long does enlarged lymph nodes associated with strep throat last?
- Can gallstones cause enlarged lymph nodes?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free