Doctor insights on:
How Can I Treat And Cure My Mastitis
Fluids & Antibiotics: The mainstays of treatment for mastitis are rest, frequent warm compresses, increase in fluid intake (at least 8 glasses of water per day), frequent breastfeeding on affected side, and completing a course of antibiotic therapy. In addition, be vigilant about hand washing prior to nursing. Expressing milk frequently on the affected side is extremely important, and always complete antibiotic course. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Medication: Treatment usually requires a 10-14 day course of antibiotics. Be sure to take it all, even if you feel better before the medication is gone. It is also important to rest, get plenty of fluids and nurse frequently. If your baby won't nurse on that side, then empty your breast manually. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I was treated my mastitis but i can still feel a little bit mass on my left breast but no pain at all, i don't breast feed now how can I treat this ?
For over 2 months now I have ever been having pain in my left breast. it is a stabbing, fiery pain that wanes between an annoying ache and intense tear inducing pain. I have been treated with an antibiotic for mastitis and then a couple weeks later difluc
History of lactational mastitis(3 rnds of abx 2 yrs ago).Not bf'ing now. Breast infection 2wks ago treated with doxy reoccured w/in wk. Treatment?
No: I can't imagine not treating mastitis... It makes you feel awful! frequent breastfeeding and antibiotics can help you feel better. Feeling better helps you take care of baby better, and improves the odds that you will continue to breastfeed, which is so good for both you and baby! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i treat my son eczema its all over his body and its swoll he can sleep?
- How can i treat swelling on the roof of my mouth?
- How can i prevent bumps and red spots after shaving my pubic hair?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i treat extremely dry skin on the tops of my toes?
- How can i treat swelling in leg and ankle following knee replacement?
- How can i get rid of razor burn and ingrown hairs by my inner thigh?
- How can i get rid of to a rash on my arms and back?
- Talk to a pediatrician online