Doctor insights on:
How Can I Train Myself To Fall Asleep When I Want
I've been trying to train my 15mo old to fall asleep on his own but he gets so upset he throws up every time i leave the room. Any suggestions?
I always fall asleep too early at night and then oversleep in the morning. I sleep a lot. How can I train my body to stay up later or wake earlier?
What is the best way to train a baby (1yo) to fall asleep again in his crib when waking up at night?
Start of right: Babies do not understand sleep like an adult.They drift into sleep like you would in a boring lecture. If you lay baby down awake but tired &read to him from a distance, he can start the night off alone, like he will be @ 3am. Once he knows how to go down on his own, you can check on him in 5-10 min intervals until he resettles.He may just have some separation anxiety & need to know things are ok. ...Read more
What are some ways to fall asleep faster? I am on medicine which helps so much. However, i want to have more control over my sleep?
Sleep help: You can try things like going to bed at the same time, getting up if you are not asleep within 15 minutes, avoiding alcohol, getting plenty of exercise at least an hour before bedtime, taking melatonin, and avoiding naps during the day. If you continue to have problems it would be wise to see a sleep specialist for an evaluation and further options. ...Read more
Sleep Hygiene is Key: Retire & rise same time each day. Keep bedroom dark & cool & use only for sex & sleep. Turn off tv. No naps. Exercise regularly but not in late evening. No caffeine for 6 hrs & no alcohol or tobacco w/i 2 hrs of sleep. Keep dinner moderate sized & finish at least 2 to 3 hrs before sleep. Can try warm milk, Chamomile tea or melatonin along w light reading, warm bath or lavender scent. ...Read more
What should I do if it always takes me a little over a half hour to fall asleep and i want to fall asleep faster?
Try these things: Some initial suggestions: 1) avoid electronics within 2 hours to bedtime (computes, ebooks, television, 2) avoid stimulants including caffeine and tobacco afternoon 3) do not drink alcohol in late evening or near bedtime, 4) if napping, stop and 5) try relaxing techniques earlier in the evening to unwind from your day. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i do to ease my wandering mind when trying to fall asleep?
- How can i train myself to not keep my jaw tight to avoid tmj?
- How do i stop myself from biting my mouth inside when asleep?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there anything i can do while masturbating to train myself to last longer?
- How can i cause myself to miscarry?
- How can i stop the uncontrollable trembling of hands when i try to do things?
- How can i help condition myself to begin a running regimen?
- Talk to a sleep medicine specialist online for free