Doctor insights on:
How Can I Tell If The Nits Are Dead Or Alive
Fine tooth comb: Most otc products come with a fine toothed comb used to remove the nits from the hair.Some find that soaking the hair in vinegar will loosen the nits & make them easier to separate. ...Read more
After using permethrin cream for crabs do the dead nits have to be removed or do they just fall off?
Use the comb: Most of the critters will fall off, but the comb that comes with the kit will help remove the eggs; or keep using the cream. Good luck. ...Read more
Not always. Depends : On pediculicide used. The most effective approach is to retreat lice. The reason is that not all pediculicides kill the eggs. It is best to retreat in the window when the eggs have hatched into nymphs but are not yet hatching new eggs. There are however, some pediculicides which are strongly ovicidal. ...Read more
Is it less common or more common to be able to tell if you have herpes?are you more likely to have symptoms then to nit have them ?
See 1 more doctor answer
3 nits, none alive- wet combed with metal nit comb every 3 days for past 3 wks, washed/cleaned, see nothing in hair or comb since. Possible i beat it?
Maybe,maybe not: Nits mean the presence of adult lice. The duration of the infestation can be estimated by the distance of nits from the scalp.Hair grows ~.5in/mo, so if .5in high in hair they were around for a month.You will generally never be able to see the lice unless you shave off all the hair they hide in. They ay or may not be gone.If nits re-appear, they remain. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i tell if the stitches in my finger are getting infected?
- How can i tell if the odd things in my life are real?
- How can i tell if this kidney pain is dehydration or a kidney infection?
- How can i tell if my big toe fractured or just badly bruised?
- How soon can a beta hcg tell if you are pregnant or not?
- How can i tell if i have ringworm or eczema?
- How can i tell the difference between scabies or bedbugs?
- How can i tell if something is a soft lymph node or a cyst?
- Talk to a pediatrician online for free