Doctor insights on:
How Can I Tell If My Thumb Is Broken
Foot pain: There might be a traumatic incident (dropping something on your foot, or falling for example) or even a stress fracture. Stress fractures can take longer to show up, but persistent pain, swelling and maybe even bruising. A referral and a visit to your local podiatrist and some xrays may help clear the situation up. Good luck! ...Read more
Elbow sprain: Typically sprains heal over 6-8 weeks, however severe sprains or complete tears sometimes require reconstructive surgery. Initial rest and ice with anti inflammatories help. If your elbow moves but is very painful, or if you cannot move it at all, i would see your orthopedist to rule out a fracture. Fractures may having a catching or crunching feeling when trying to move your elbow. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
X-rays: If you recently sustained trauma to your finger and there is any cause for concern that it might be broken, have a hand surgeon examine the finger and obtain plain film radiographs. Most broken fingers are swollen, painful to move and will have x-ray findings of a fracture.Frac. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How does it look: If your nose is misshapen or off to one side it's broken. If you have significant swelling and black and blue discoloration it's broken. If it just hurts it is probably not broken. There are only two reasons to fix a broken nose - you don't like the way it looks or you don't like the way it works. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i tell if my foot is broken?
- How can i tell if my finger is broken?
- How can you tell if your thumb is broken?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i tell if my finger is broken?
- How can you tell if my ankle is broken?
- What can i do about my broken thumb?
- Broken or bruised rib how can i tell which
- How could i tell if i have broken my thumb?