Doctor insights on:
How Can I Tell If My Finger Is Broken
X-rays: If you recently sustained trauma to your finger and there is any cause for concern that it might be broken, have a hand surgeon examine the finger and obtain plain film radiographs. Most broken fingers are swollen, painful to move and will have x-ray findings of a fracture.Frac. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Usually can't: Unless it's has obvious deformity or is angled to the side, you really can't tell. X-rays, combined with physical examination & a medical history - are used to accurately diagnose the injury. Take car. ...Read more
You really don't : Know in the absence of marked angulation or deformity. If you have a significant injury - a physician will evaluate and x-ray would normally be used. ...Read more
See below: These symptoms could be serious and need to be thoroughly evaluated by your doctor. ...Read more
Pain, swelling, loss: Of motion, deviation, rotation, stiffness, throbbing, numbness, discoloration, tightness all can be symptoms of a finger fracture. If one suspects a fracture, then elevation, ice , splinting and urgent evaluation is needed as many seemingly simple fractures in the hand require a detailed understanding of what to do to optimize healing and return of function. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i tell if my thumb is broken?
- How do i tell if my finger is broken?
- How can i tell if my foot is broken?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i tell if the stitches in my finger are getting infected?
- How can i tell if my 1 year old son is allergic to whole milk?
- An area of my gum is swollen how can i tell if my tooth is infected
- How can you tell if my thumb is fractured or broken?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free