Doctor insights on:
How Can I Tell If My Dad Is Being Poisoned By Alcohol
Alcohol as a poison: Alcohol becomes a poison if a man drinks more than 2 beers/day or woman >1b/d. One day of drinking rarely kills as the body can only absorb so much a day. A patient 18yo girl drinks regularly 24beers/d and lives... But her life will be cut very short as her liver cannot do overtime "48h/day" too long, when it shuts down (end of cirrhosis...) life shuts down along. ...Read more
Alcohol Poisoning: Alcohol poisoning symptoms include: confusion, stupor, vomiting, seizures, slow breathing (less than eight breaths a minute), irregular breathing (a gap of more than 10 seconds between breaths), blue-tinged skin or pale skin, low body temperature (hypothermia), unconsciousness ("passing out"), and can't be roused. A person who is unconscious or can't be roused is at risk of dying. ...Read more
Could you tell me what happens if you don't seek medical attention after having alcohol poisoning?
Procedure: Alcohol poisoning is usually treated by monitoring the patient & ensuring that he or she does not choke of vomitus or stop breathing. The person is given intravenous fluids (& possibly glucose or thiamin) & supplemental oxygen. Accidental ingestion of methanol or isopropyl alcohol may require dialysis. ...Read more
Supportive care: mostly. The major danger in alcohol poisoning, like that of any other sedative, is that breathing slows down and can result in lower oxygen levels and brain damage, and ultimately the heart stops too. In the US, people who are alcohol poisoned are intubated and put on a ventilator , until the alcohol levels come down. Dialysis is widely used in Russia to rapidly reduce blood alcohol. ...Read more
Can you tell me if drunk, unconscious with alcohol poisoning, can laying flat on your back when vomiting, can you die/drown?
Hazards of being drunk: Yes definitely.Get a more detailed answer ›
Can you tell me if drunk, unconscious, alcohol poisoning, laying flat on your back and vomit, can you die/ drown lungs?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- An area of my gum is swollen how can i tell if my tooth is infected
- How can i tell if my girlfriend is pregnant?
- How can i tell if my thumb is broken?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i tell if my root canal is affecting my body in a negative way?
- How can i tell if what my baby has is just a cold?
- How can i tell if my child is having an allergic reaction to formula?
- How can i tell if my child is starting to have prediabetes symptoms?
- How can i tell if my wart is healing?