Doctor insights on:
How Can I Tell If Im A Carrier For Albinism
Pedigree analysis: Albinism is a recessive trait, meaning that it entails the loss of a function and you must have two copies of the gene to see it. The way to know if you are a carrier is to examine your ancestors and see if there is a history of albinism in a direct ancestor. There are also genetic tests available. A genetic counselor can help if this is a major concern for you. ...Read more
Please tell me, could one twin have "full" albinism and the other have ocular albinism if both parents carriers?
Yes: If they are non-identical twins this is possible ...Read more
It could be possible that a carrier of albinism (aa) not show any traits of albinism, but be visually impaired?
Lack of pigment in: Eyes, skin and hair.Get a more detailed answer ›
See a doctor: See a doctor and let them check you. ...Read more
Pale eyes: Albinism is an inherited condition in which pigment formation is disturbed. In ocular albinism the eyes mostly are affected producing pale eye color, light sensitivity and lowered vision. Complete albinism causes the skin to be pasty white, the iris to be pink and the hair to be pure white. The vision is always diminished in this form. ...Read more
I'm from hong kong. My daughter has oca type of albinism. We all want to get genes tested. Any free albinism gene testing available?
No: Albinism is a genetic pigmentary disorder. The genetic defect that affects enzymes that are involving in pigment (melanin) production or distributive pathways. With this condition, it is absolutely imperative to use sunscreen/block, sunglasses, and sun protective clothing to prevent uv induced damages. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i tell if im overweight for my age?
- How can i tell if this kidney pain is dehydration or a kidney infection?
- How can i tell if i have a cyst on my tonsil?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i tell if my baby has a sore throat?
- How can i tell if something is a soft lymph node or a cyst?
- How can i tell if my whiplash after a car accident will get better?
- How can i tell if i have a blood clot in my leg after a plane trip?
- Talk to a clinical geneticist online for free