Doctor insights on:
How Can I Tell If I Refractured My 4th Metatarsal
Depends on Cause: Depends on the cause of your pain. Possible causes including stress fracture, fracture, bone cystic changes or structural problems. If the pain is injury related, rice and put the area at rest. This alone will take weeks but if nonresponsive consider other causes which will probably require more investigation. Thus a consultation with your local podiatrist. Other cause could be a neuroma. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
5th metatarsal: It is important that you see a physician and have a x-ray to determine if you have a fracture. If there is a fracture then treatment options usually consist of crutches, boot/ cast, or surgery. There is a chance that a fifth metatarsal fracture may be a “jones fracture” and have a high risk for nonunion, or failure to heal properly. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I broke my 3rd and 4th metatarsal, they were clean breaks right in the middle. How long would it take to heal?
Treatment options: Include doing nothing. Does it hurt? Sometimes the bone heals correctly on its own. If you have pain you can see the foot doctor and they can take x-rays. At this point in time if you need it corrected the only way is likely surgical correction. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Imaging: Barring obvious deformity, see a physician & have a x-ray to determine if you have a fracture. If there is a fracture then treatment options usually consist of crutches, boot/ cast, or surgery. Please note, if there is a 5th metatarsal fracture, it may be a “jones fracture” , & have a high risk for nonunion, or failure to heal properly so timely medical intervention is key for an optimal outcome. ...Read more
Was getting these flashes of pain in my 5th metatarsal for a wk. now I have a constant pain in 4th meta. No injury, swelling but tender.What is this?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i tell if my big toe fractured or just badly bruised?
- How can i tell if my wart is healing?
- How can i tell if the stitches in my finger are getting infected?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i tell if i have a cyst on my tonsil?
- How can i tell if my baby has a headache?
- An area of my gum is swollen how can i tell if my tooth is infected
- How can i tell if my baby has a sore throat?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free