Doctor insights on:
How Can I Strengthen My Elbow After Surgery
When is earliest I can start exercise to flex/strengthen muscle(ex:pronation/supination/flexion/extension) after monteggia fracture on elbow surgery?
Talk to your doc: There are many factors affecting when you can start motion. Most important is the fracture pattern, the quality of bone, and the rigidity of the fixation. These are questions only your orthopaedist can answer for you. In general they will want to get you moving as quickly as possible. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
When to drive: As soon as you are off pain medications etc., and the doctor clears you for that activity. ...Read more
See below: Depending on the surgery and your degree of health, as well as rehab, it should heal within 12 weeks. ...Read more
Not common: Shoulder arthroscopy is not often associated with postoperative elbow pain of any significance . The pain may be referred from your shoulder . Often the arm is put into a traction device with the arm extended and a weight pulling on the arm which can theoretically exacerbate an underlying condition of the elbow . ...Read more
Yes, that can happen: I see 1-2 patients every couple of months, who have no need for any pain meds after surgery. After a fractured bone is fixed, the pain greatly reduces. So you are quite normal. Good luck ; happy holidays. ...Read more
Depends: That would be up to your orthopedist. There are usually a day or so and usually less than a week of rest and elevation and use of ice and pain meds and then depending on the splinting and comfort, the child can return to scool with the proper accommodations. Being out more than a week would seem like a long time to me unless complicated fracture. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Do you have to wear a sling after arthroscopic elbow surgery? Is it your choice to wear one or not?
Depends: It really depends on what your diagnosis is and what was done at the time of elbow arthroscopy. In my practice, it is common to use a sling for a short period of time after most arthroscopic elbow surgeries. Best to ask your surgeon what his specific protocol is. ...Read more
8 years ago i had an IV after surgery i noticed that i could feel hard piece under the skin at wrist i did not see md but now i can feel in elbow?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i fix hypothyroidism after having my thyroid removed via surgery?
- How soon after hydrocele surgery can i masturbate?
- How can i soothe my throat after vomiting all morning?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i prevent bumps and red spots after shaving my pubic hair?
- How many days after volar ganglion cyst surgery can i go back to work?
- How long should i keep my arm elevated after hand surgery?
- How long should i wait after having gall bladder surgery to lay on my stomach?
- How can i strengthen the ligaments in my knee after arthroscopic surgery?