Doctor insights on:
How Can I Stop My Son From Cracking His Knuckles
Don't bother: Most of the terrible things we've heard about cracking knuckles are myths. Not that it is a good thing, but there's little evidence that it is a bad thing. Either way, the more you try, the harder you try, the more pissed you get---that will accomplish something: he'll do it more. ...Read more
Not terrible: It is not a terrible problem but should be followed up by the orthopedic doctor with X-rays and appropriate splinting to be sure it heals properly. ...Read more
My son has terrible scaring on his knuckles from eczema.One even restrict movement or bending at the knuckle.What can be done to fix thay?
Physical therapy: Talk to his doctor -- if he has limitation of movement, working with a physical therapist (including a program of home exercises) may help hiim regain his range of motion. Also, make sure you're keeping his eczema under good control to prevent further problems. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See below: He could have surgery to correct the deformity. However, he should be seen by either an orthopedic doctor, or a plastic surgeon, for an evaluation. ...Read more
What do you suggest if my son had a chest X-ray the results are back it says he has a small aortic arch and aortic knuckle?
My son had a chest X-ray the results are back it says he has a small aortic arch and aortic knuckle. What does this mean?
Description: It means the radiologic reporting the study felt or measured the size of the aortic arch/knuckle to be smaller than the usual range. It doesn't have any diagnostic specificity and may just be a variant of normal. Why don't you ask the patient's doctor if it has any meaning to the specific patient. ...Read more
You can't: This is an annoying habit to parents and telling the child only causes persistence. My experience with young patients is that they often have other behavioral symptoms that indicate an irritable brain. In most cases it is related to "junk" particularly the incredible ingestgion of sodas and all forms of sugar. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i stop my eyes from becoming irritated due to computer work?
- How can i stop my stomach from growling or what can be caulsing itm?
- How can i stop my swollen gums from bleeding?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i stop my gums from inflammation and swelling?
- How can i get my boyfriend to stop repressing his anger and tell me how he feels?
- How can i stop my spectacles from sliding down my nose all the time?
- How can i stop my nose from hurting due to noseblowing and allergies?
- Talk to a pediatrician online