Doctor insights on:
How Can I Stop My Period Before It Start
Birth control pills: Hormonal contraception is a great way to control your period. You can skip the placebo pills and restart the next pack. Nuvaring can be exchanged without taking a break. Same with the patch. Mirena (levonorgestrel) iud can stop some people's periods. Depoprovera shot can too. ...Read more
The menstrual cycle begins with the shedding of the uterine lining, resulting in bleeding from the vagina. A few weeks later, one ovary releases an egg and the uterine lining thickens in preparation for a potential pregnancy. Pregnancy can occur at this stage if sperm fertilizes the egg. If the egg is not fertilized, the egg will leave your body and ...Read more
For medical reasons: We will stop periods with hormonal therapy for medical reasons before it starts and sometimes when they are extremely heavy. However, there is no practical way for you to stop your period on your own once it has started. ...Read more
Birth control pills: Many women want to stop their periods early for a special trip. The only practical way to do this is to start a new pack of birth control pills early, in fact you can avoid the period all together by not taking the sugar pills at the end of the pack. You start oral contraceptives with the first day of you menses which will shorten you period but no guarantee about shortening it to only one day. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How late can my period be before i start to worry?
- How can i stop my period from starting?
- My period just started can i stop it
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i get pregnant right before my period starts?
- Can i get pregnant a day before my period starts?
- Can i get pregnant the day before my period starts?
- Can i get pregnant just before my period has started?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free