Doctor insights on:
How Can I Stop My Eyes From Watering Around Onions
Many causes: There are many potential causes of watering eyes (tearing). Eyes can tear either because they are producing too much tears, usually due to ocular surfaces diseases (like allergies, blepharitis or even mild dry eyes) or some irritation on the surface of the eye, or due to a blockage in the tear drainage system. See your eye doctor to determine the cause and the appropriate treatment. ...Read more
Allergies?: Do you have allergies that may be irritating your eyes and making them water? There are eye drops that can help stop the reaction to allergies. Are you sensitive to light? Sunglasses may help that too. But the biggest thing is to figure out the cause of the tearing and fix that. ...Read more
Epiphora: There are two types of epiphora. One is caused by things that irritate the eyes (like onions or allergies) and cause the lacrimal glands to produce increased tears. The second is caused by blockage of the tear drainage mechanism so that even if the lacrimal glands are producing a normal amount, the tears can't get down the drainage tubes to the nose. ...Read more
Tears: This is a common symptom of dry eye. Using artificial tears before going out in the cold can help. Also consider wearing glasses that block the wind. It is also seen in people with exposure where the eyelids don't adequately protect the eyes. See an ophthalmologist if it becomes a recurring problem. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i stop my eyes from itching?
- How can i stop my eyes from becoming irritated due to computer work?
- Stop eyes from watering
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i get allergy relief for my watering eyes?
- How can i alleviate my red eyes from allergies?
- How can i stop my baby from breastfeeding?
- How can i stop my back from sweating?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free