Doctor insights on:
How Can I Stop My Eyes From Watering Around Onions
Many causes: There are many potential causes of watering eyes (tearing). Eyes can tear either because they are producing too much tears, usually due to ocular surfaces diseases (like allergies, blepharitis or even mild dry eyes) or some irritation on the surface of the eye, or due to a blockage in the tear drainage system. See your eye doctor to determine the cause and the appropriate treatment. ...Read more
Allergies?: Do you have allergies that may be irritating your eyes and making them water? There are eye drops that can help stop the reaction to allergies. Are you sensitive to light? Sunglasses may help that too. But the biggest thing is to figure out the cause of the tearing and fix that. ...Read more
Tears: This is a common symptom of dry eye. Using artificial tears before going out in the cold can help. Also consider wearing glasses that block the wind. It is also seen in people with exposure where the eyelids don't adequately protect the eyes. See an ophthalmologist if it becomes a recurring problem. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My right eye is red and it will not stop watering, it also hurts when I blink, close my eyes, pr when it is exposed to any kind of light.?
Inflammation: Your eye could have one of several things. You might have uveitis, an internal sterile inflammation which can be serious. You might have corneal ulcer, a focal infection needing antibiotics. You could have viral conjunctivitis, or allergy. You should see your ophthalmologist as soon as possible to get diagnosis and treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i stop my eyes from itching?
- How can i stop blinking my eyes so much?
- How do i stop my kids from licking dirty things around the house?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i stop my swollen gums from bleeding?
- How can i stop my fingers peeling from eczema?
- How can i stop my gums from inflammation and swelling?
- How can i stop my son from cracking his knuckles?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free