Doctor insights on:
How Can I Sterilize My Contact Lens Case
Clean the case: Contact lens cases are commonly neglected in those who otherwise care excellently for their contact lenses. The case should be cleaned thoroughly, using soap and water and allowed to dry completely at least once per week. Some recommend boiling the case or ethyl alcohol but this must be thoroughly removed before the case is used. Some replace each 3 months. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
When it wears out: However you should clean your case every time you put your contacts in your eyes. Clean it by rinsing thoroughly with tap water and allowing it to air dry. Do not reuse contact lens solution. It will work only if you use new solution out of the bottle everytime you put the contacts into the case. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Soap water RINSE: If it's just a plastic case, used mild soap and water. Try a toothbrush if needed. Make sure you rinse thoroughly. Then be sure your overnight storage solution has a disinfectant. How did your case get dirty. You should remove and handle your lenses with clean hands and conditions. Doing otherwise raises risk for serious infection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I place my contact lens for quite a few weeks in the case without wearing them, can I still wear them?
Yes: In this case, you should change the solution and wait at least six hours before using the contacts. If you wear them this infrequently, change to daily contacts. ...Read more
As I was putting on my contact lenses yesterday, I found out that the left contact lens was completely dried up in its case but the right one was completely fine. The last time I used it was this Monday. And I just bought it last week so I'm really really
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How often do i need to change my contact lens case?
- How can i safely get a tiny hair out of my contact lens?
- How can i tell if my contact lenses are causing an eye infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i improve my contact lens comfort?
- How do i prevent protein buildup on my contact lenses?
- I lost my contact lens case
- Can i use contact lenses instead of my very thick spectacles?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free