Doctor insights on:
How Can I Stay In Touch With My Friends When I Have A New Baby In The House
I'm about to give birth in the next few weeks. I have heard a lot about pertussis risks & cases that are close to our home town. My family is vaccinated, but what other precautions should I take to protect our new baby?
Yes: Babies can be born with dislocated hips ( hip dysplasia) and the treatment is to keep them in a frog leg postion by use of a harness. After several months this can correct the problem. ...Read more
Breasts: They provide sterile, warm nourishment that is always available. Your breastfed baby will have fewer upper and lower respiratory illnesses, less diarrhea and be less likely to develop obesity, diabetes and leukemia. Savings per year over formula can be as much as $1500. Finally, the closeness to your child and the oxytocin breastfeeding releases into your system is calming and stress-relieving. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See a lawyer: It is best to discuss with an attorney who specializes in drafiting wills. Depending on the state in which you live, your estate will not automatically be inherited by your child. You and your partner will also want to clearly state whom will be responsible for the custody of the child. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Safely: Holding a baby often comes naturally and the most important part is to support the head as it is heavy and will flop around...So cradling a baby and supporting the head. If holding baby up to your shoulder again our hand sould be available to be sure the head dosn't flop back. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i stop having a blocked nose when i wake up in the morning?
- How can i treat the glaring veins in my legs once i have my baby?
- How can i tell if i have a blood clot in my leg after a plane trip?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i tell if something is wrong with a baby in the womb?
- I have a spondylolysis in my lumbar spine what can i do to relieve the pain
- How can i make my baby move in the womb?
- I have a burning sensation in my chest when walking on the treadmill
- Talk to a pediatrician online