Doctor insights on:
How Can I Remove My Darkspots On My Face
Depends on the cause: A dermatologist can look at facial spots to see how to remove them. Some spots go away with differin (adapalene) gel (also used to treat acne), even though the spots are not acne. Other spots go away after light freezing with liquid nitrogen. Lasers may be used for some spots. Other spots may be removed by scraping with a special blade. People who tan easily may get a new dark spot "scar" after spot removal. ...Read more
I'd urge you not to: If you use a freckle remover, even from a dermatologist, you risk disfiguring yourself. Freckles are endearing, they're distinctively you, and a majority of your friends probably like them. Ask them. If you want them less prominent, avoid excess sunlight -- wise in any case. ...Read more
Acne treatment: Acne can be prevented or minimized by using a gentle cleanser twice daily, over the counter benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid products or prescription medications including topical cream with or without oral medications. Don't pick! A dermatologist should be able to help you if you aren't seeing results in a few weeks. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Mederma: There are over the counter creams, such as Mederma, that are fairly effective in reducing the appearance of scars. You have to wait until the wound is completely healed before using them. Also make sure you use sunscreen on fresh wounds because they can darken with sun exposure. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i remove my pimples in my face?
- How can i remove marks on my face?
- How can i remove a mole from my face?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i remove hair from my face?
- How can i remove black spot on my face?
- How can i remove dead skin from my face?
- How i can remove acne from my face?
- Talk to a dermatologist online