Doctor insights on:
How Can I Relax My Heart Rate By Meditation
Keep Going!: Meditation allows the brain to achieve an altered state. This state, associated with tranquility and calmness, affects the hormonal and nervous system. The net cardiovascular effects are reduce blood pressure and slow heart rate and respirations. These have been shown to have long term benefits, including long term blood pressure reductions. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Meditation does the slow the heart rate. It's not a matter of how. If you can successfully lose yourself in meditation, your heart rate (assuming normal rhythm, not a pathological rhythm like atrial fibrillation or svt) will slow. Self-hypnosis, transcendental meditation, yoga, prayer - all will slow the heart as does sleep (every night!). But it only works while you're doing it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Palps for months. All tests are normal. I woke up from nap with palps, pain and 90 heart rate. Bp normal. Should I be concerned? I exercise, meditate.
Slow heart beat: If you don't have any symptoms like dizziness, pre-syncope, syncope or fatigue or chest pain or shortness of breath, then you are ok. But you complained of chest pain. Hence it should be treated. Its etiology should be elicited. Thyroid problems and blocks in heart arteries should be ruled out. Consult your physician. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Usually nothing: A heart rate of 57 is usually normal especially if you are active and exercise frequently. However, if your hr has suddenly dropped to the 50's it could mean something. Certain rhythm issues or medications can cause slow heart rates. Often these people will have dizziness, fatigue, or near fainting associated with this. If you are concerned your doctor should be able to help you figure it out. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i slow my heart rate down by just meditation?
- How can i slow my heart rate down after smoking?
- How to calm down to relax for a slow heart rate?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i do to slow my heart rate?
- How do i know if my blood pressure and heart rate are abnormal?
- I just took my heart rate and it was 67 how low is too low
- After track what can i do to relax my muscles
- Talk to a cardiologist online