Doctor insights on:
How Can I Reduce The Chance Of My Child Getting A Bacterial Infection
Avoid sick people: Keeping clean, cooking food thoroughly, and staying away from sick people are reliable ways to reduce bacterial infections. A bath or shower washes away bacteria than cause impetigo. Washing hands after using the bathroom (and washing hands before eating) helps prevent infections like typhoid and cholera. Not getting cough or sneezed on helps prevent illnesses like strep throat and whooping cough. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Are there safe over-the-counter medications that I can give a child to help his bacterial infection?
Normal kid behavior: Kids often put their fingers into their mouths. That is normal behavior for children. The best that parents can do is to keep the children's environment fairly clean, and avoid places with obvious disease risks. A parent cannot constantly follow a child around and watch the child's hands, but giving the child gentle instructions every now and then is fine to do. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Is changing positions during sex way if increasing your chances of getting a bacterial infection through the vagina?
Yes: Bacterial infections cause fevers which as they cycle can cause night sweats. There are other things that can, but yes, bacterial infections can too. If you have been diagnosed with one, and the night sweats came at about the same time, then the antibiotic should help. If not, make sure you follow up immediately. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i get rid of the flaky skin of my lips im a smoker?
- How can i reduce the size of my love handles in a short period of time?
- I have a baby two years ago how do you get rid of the baby wait my 1st child
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i get rid of a dental abscess on my own no insurance now?
- How can i get rid of a sebaceous cyst on my jaw line under my skin?
- How can i get a pepper burn out of my nose?
- How can i get rid of to a rash on my arms and back?
- Talk to a pediatrician online