Doctor insights on:
How Can I Prevent Myself From Getting Lice At Work
Vinegar may help: Vinegar has been cited as a natural rx for head lice when applied to dry hair & massaged through it daily for a week. It does loosen the nits (egg casings) which should be combed out to prevent re-infection. Pickling vinegar or apple cider vinegar may work a bit faster than regular & you can always fall back on the otc products if this fails. ...Read more
Hairspray helps.: Head lice do not like hairspray so this can be a great preventive. To get rid of lice, you can use various topicals but some forms are now resistant. Study last year showed oral Ivermectin can be used for head lice--one time treatment and works like a charm. Of course, make sure the children are not sharing hats, headbands, barrettes, etc. ...Read more
What is the best way to get rid of lice prevent it from coming back. My 12 year old daughter has it again for the 2 nd time in 6 months. Help!
Lice trouble: Lice infestation is trouble some and chances of recurrence are high upon exposure. Problem is not the live lice but the nits. You have to get rid of both. Newly marketed couple of products promise to get rid of nits as well. See if you doctor can prescribe that. You can do repeated hair treatment with the shampoo. No substitute for hygiene.Yes Ovide is a good one. ...Read more
I just found live lice host on my daughter's friend. They had little contact to head, but what am I do to prevent my daughter and i from getting lice?
Check every day: Checking a child's hair and head for lice or nits, on a daily basis, will prevent lice from gaining a foothold. As long as any and all nits (lice eggs) are quickly removed, the lice problem goes away. If very worried, one can use over-the-counter lice treatment like nix and do a treatment as if there were an existing lice problem. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- If mom has a cold how can i prevent my newborn from getting it to
- We use latex gloves at work and my nails get damaged how can i strengthen them
- How can i prevent my dental floss from getting stuck and breaking?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i get lice from dirty brush at a salon?
- How can i prevent my preemie from getting rsv?
- All night i tossed and turned how can i prevent myself from sleeping on my job
- How can i prevent my baby from getting colds?
- Talk to a pediatrician online