Doctor insights on:
How Can I Prevent Myself From Getting Lice At Work
Body lice (pediculus humanus corporis) are similar to head lice. These are tiny parasitic insects live on the clothes and can often be seen at the seams. They feed on the blood of the host, and can spread certain infections. Generally these are found in the homeless or those who are ...Read more
Vinegar may help: Vinegar has been cited as a natural rx for head lice when applied to dry hair & massaged through it daily for a week. It does loosen the nits (egg casings) which should be combed out to prevent re-infection. Pickling vinegar or apple cider vinegar may work a bit faster than regular & you can always fall back on the otc products if this fails. ...Read more
Hairspray helps.: Head lice do not like hairspray so this can be a great preventive. To get rid of lice, you can use various topicals but some forms are now resistant. Study last year showed oral Ivermectin can be used for head lice--one time treatment and works like a charm. Of course, make sure the children are not sharing hats, headbands, barrettes, etc. ...Read more
What is the best way to get rid of lice prevent it from coming back. My 12 year old daughter has it again for the 2 nd time in 6 months. Help!
Lice trouble: Lice infestation is trouble some and chances of recurrence are high upon exposure. Problem is not the live lice but the nits. You have to get rid of both. Newly marketed couple of products promise to get rid of nits as well. See if you doctor can prescribe that. You can do repeated hair treatment with the shampoo. No substitute for hygiene.Yes Ovide is a good one. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i stop myself from getting sleepy everytime i eat?
- How can i prevent myself from harming my body due to chemical exposure?
- All night i tossed and turned how can i prevent myself from sleeping on my job
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i get lice from airline seats?
- How can i keep myself from cheating on my diet this week?
- How can i stop myself from pulling out my hair?
- Can i get pregnant by myself?
- Talk to a pediatrician online