Doctor insights on:
How Can I Not Feel Lonely As A Disabled Person
Meals on Wheels: Helping a disabled person prepare meals is a complicated topic and depends on the disability. I want to help by sending you to the website for "Meals on Wheels". This is a service that brings meals to disabled people and the elderly. The City of Boston also has links to these services and elderly nutrition programs. http://www.mealsonwheelsamerica.org http://www.cityofboston.gov/elderly/healthfit ...Read more
New beginnings!: Transitions are always a tricky time in life no matter what type of "abled" you are! your school should have a team that is set up to help you with this transition. There are also typically a number of community resources available to help. Reach out of your friends and family as well to let them know how they can support you during this time of changes and new beginnings! good luck! ...Read more
Get out and have fun: Many communities have adult social centers and shuttles to get to them. Or you could look online for a local group doing something you enjoy. Once you know the members, meet up with them in a public place (carefully!). However you do it, to be social you've got to meet people, and that means getting out of the house. If you need help, find a buddy to go with you, or alternate several for backup. ...Read more
???: I don't understand your question.Get a more detailed answer ›
Accomodation: Depending on the type and extent of your disability, there are a number of things that can be done to modify your home to allow you to continue to live there. There are also companies that can provide home-health services to help care for you. Your doctor should be able to point you in the right direction if this is what you want. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Suicidal thoughts
- How can i get people in the public to respect disabled parking?
- How to feel less sad and lonely at night while boyfriend is overseas?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i feel if i am pregnant?
- What can i do to be an advocate for the disabled?
- How can i help my wife who is recently disabled without feeling overwhelmed?
- Disabled parking placards
- How can i get people in the public to help me as a disabled person?