Doctor insights on:
How Can I Not Feel Lonely As A Disabled Person
Disabled but Enabled: Disability is a relative term. First define for yourself what "you" consider being disabled. Most people feel enabled when they view their supposed "disability" from a different perspective. Don't think about what you cannot do, but rather what you still can do...This is so much more empowering and often quite illuminating. Do things in a different way if you can't do them the same as before! ...Read more
Accomodation: Depending on the type and extent of your disability, there are a number of things that can be done to modify your home to allow you to continue to live there. There are also companies that can provide home-health services to help care for you. Your doctor should be able to point you in the right direction if this is what you want. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends on disabilit: Obviously this would depend on the disability . Orthopedic problems should be optimized and carefully reviewed with a physician so as not to cause further injury w exercise. Usually almost everyone can find a little something they can do. Example--swimming an alternative in people with significant joint issues in the legs because it negates weight bearing. Chk w your doctor. ...Read more
Communication: If you are diabled, communication becomes very important. You need to tell your family what you enjoy & you need to know what they enjoy. You need to plan how your disability affects the things they enjoy a minimize & they need to plan accordingly to help you enjoy things your like to do and same for things you all like and would llike to do together. Communication is hte key. Keep lines open. ...Read more
Care for caregiver.: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/fixing-families/201109/self-care-the-caretakerGet a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I feel like there is a little tortilla chip stuck in my throat how can i check
- How can i fix my lack of sexual stamina as a male with previously high sex drive?
- How can i know if a breast lump is a gland or node or not?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i prevent having a miscarriage as a result of amniocentesis or cvs?
- How can a person have cirrhosis of the liver if he is not a drinker or drug user?
- How can i be a father as an azoospermic man?
- How can i help my family understand that being gay is not a disorder?
- How can i get people in the public to help me as a disabled person?