Doctor insights on:
How Can I Naturally Reduce Knee Swelling
Swelling is the enlargement of organs, skin, or other body parts. It is caused by a buildup of fluid in the tissues. The extra fluid can lead to a rapid increase in weight over a short period of time (days to weeks). Swelling can occur all over the body (generalized) or only in one part ...Read more
Depends: Knee swelling is a symptom of something wrong inside the knee. A cartilage tear, a ligament tear, gout or other inflammatory processes or even just osteoarthritis can be the cause of the swelling. It is important to figure out the source. A physician trained in orthopedics or sports medicine can do this by your history and then doing an exam and sometimes draining the knee or doing some bloodwork. ...Read more
You may have damage: You may have damage inside your knee. It can be cartilage, ligaments, bone or a combination. You can improve the status of your knee with strengthening of the knee muscles: quadriceps exercises. Depending on your evalaution the damage can be identified by examination and/or imaging and therapy directed to the cause. ...Read more
It depends: It depends on the cause of the swelling. Try ice and rest. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i reduce swelling in my face?
- How to reduce sinus swelling naturally?
- How to reduce knee swelling fast?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i reduce swelling on side of the eye injury for my son?
- How can i reduce itching and swelling due to hives?
- How long can i have swelling from a knee sprain?
- How can i make knee swelling go away?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free