Doctor insights on:
How Can I Manage Sunglasses And Regular Glasses
Will wearing regular sunglasses harm the eyesight of someone who usually wears prescription glasses. (I've worn them for 19 years, I am 23 years old)?
Check with your doc: You were probably given a prescription for eyeglasses when you last had your eyes examined. If you can't find your prescription, you can check with your doctor's office -- there should be a copy in your chart. (another reason medical records are useful!) eyeglass stores often have a machine that measures the refraction of your current eyeglasses, and may be able to use this for sunglasses. ...Read more
Sun light is very good for one's mood. Are people wearing glasses (with UV filters) (not sunglasses) more susceptible to (mental) illness?
UV not key to mood: Those who experience low mood when days are shorter in fall & winter may benefit from a dose of bright, early morning light. However, UV light is not essential to this treatment. The bright lights sold to treat mood in this way give off no UV light. You can purchase these lights easily, e.g. on Amazon, for less than $100. Used for 30 minutes in the morning, they may raise winter mood. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Save your money: Expensive and cheap sunglasses are pretty much the same in terms of health to your eyes. They nothin block uv light which is their purpose. Save your money! ...Read more
Be cautious: Applying a tinting material such as is used on car windows would be difficult due to the curvature of the lens. If you were to use a chemical to tint the glass or plastic lenses, you may damage the glasses and you wouldn't know if the chemical was safe to have near your eyes. May not be worth the risk. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Please explain how can i control and manage diabetes type 1
- How can i prevent bumps and red spots after shaving my pubic hair?
- How can i tell the difference between dry skin and scabies?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i treat swelling in leg and ankle following knee replacement?
- How can i stop getting a sore nose when wearing glasses?
- How can i get rid of those deep marks on my nose when using glasses?
- How can i get rid of razor burn and ingrown hairs by my inner thigh?
- How can i manage my skin from affects of lupus and ehlers danlos syndrome?