Doctor insights on:
How Can I Manage Gas While Pregnant
It's common: Most of us have more gas when we're pregnant. I'd recommend you learn to laugh at yourself, and maybe try tums or another antacid. I'm not sure why it happens: a bit of lactose intolerance? The constipation that comes with the slowing of the smooth muscle of the gut? Be kind to yourself. We all have this issue when we're pregnant. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
ASK OB: Maalox is fine and Cat B which can help with GI upset and some gas issues. Important to ask your OB Dr. for continuity of care and sop that they know what your are going through and any meds you will be taking, even over the counter ones. Good luck and Congratulations. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I'm 5 months pregnant and i've been working at a gas station for about a year now but lately it's been smelling a lot like natural gas. Any advice?
Please ask your OB: For my pts i recommend beeno or gasx or mylecon. ...Read more
Its two years now that I have such foul gas and too frequent, its embarassing, started when i got pregnant almost 2years ago. I don't think its food.?
Lactose intolerance?: The first thing to do would be to definitely rule out lactose intolerance, which would be the most common cause of your symptoms. Another consideration would be bacterial overgrowth or a flora shift, which may have occurred if you took antibiotics during your pregnancy. Please consider a thorough evaluation by your primary care provider or a gastroenterologist. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i manage carpal tunnel syndrome while pregnant?
- How much tylenol can i take while pregnant?
- How often can i take tylenol pm while pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i treat a hernia while pregnant?
- How many tums can i take while pregnant?
- Determining if you're pregnant while breastfeeding
- How can i increase my chances of getting pregnant while breastfeeding?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online