Doctor insights on:
How Can I Manage A Fever In The Third Trimester
How soon will symptoms of listeria appear? I ate some recalled cheese and within 12 hours was nauseated. I am currently in my third trimester.
Listeria: The incubation period for Listeria gastroenteritis is substantially shorter than other gastrointestinal illnesses, mean incubation period is 24 hours (range 6 hours to 10 days). Common symptoms include fever, watery diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, headache, and pains in joints and muscles. You should see you doctor if you have above symptoms and have blood and stool cultures performed ...Read more
Very Common: Low back pain, particularly in the third trimester, is very common. You are further along in your pregnancy and carrying more weight forward which puts strain on the muscles of your lower back. Try to rest frequently and not to bend at the hips but rather at the knees. Also, check in with your doctor regularly particularly if you develop fever or chills as this may be signs of a kidney infection. ...Read more
GBS, Glucola: A 1 hour glucose tolerance test is done between 26-28 weeks to screen for gestational diabetes. A culture for group b streptococcus bacteria is done at 35-36 weeks. Urinalysis for protein and glucose are done at each visit, along with blood pressure checks. Fetal testing (non-stress testing) may be indicated, but is not necessary in low risk pregancies. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Most comfortable.: Often this is some variation of a side by side. These are more comfortable for the mom-to-be and have shallower penetration which puts less pressure on the cervix. Sometimes, depending on the patient and the pregnancy, it can be a challenge to find a comfortable position. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pressure: Towards the end of pregnancy, the uterus is pushing upwards on the stomach. This can cause nausea. Nibbling small meals may help. If the nausea is very significant or if accompanied by vomiting, there may be a serious complication of pregnancy and immediate care would be recommended. ...Read more
I have uncontrolled bm in my third trimester. Even though its not a lot its still a concern. Is it normal to have little spliis without knowing?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i stop having a blocked nose when i wake up in the morning?
- How to get rid of a fever overnight i need to work in the morning?
- Why can i not take nitrofurantoin in the third trimester?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i reduce the size of my love handles in a short period of time?
- How can i stay in touch with my friends when i have a new baby in the house?
- How can i get people in the public to help me as a disabled person?
- How much weight does a baby gain in the third trimester?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free