Doctor insights on:
How Can I Make Sure I Am Getting Good Baby Shoes
Shoe odor: Shoe odor is often caused by bacteria and fungus growing in the dark, moist environment that is your shoe. Powders may help dry your shoes, but some think corn starch is a source of food for the smelly bugs growing in there. First try alternating shoes every day. Shoe materials take about 24 hours to dry. Spray your shoes with athlete's foot medicated spray. Wear socks when you wear shoes. ...Read more
Depends...: For learning to walk around the house it is best for a baby to be barefoot. The sensitivity of the bottom of the foot is important for balance. Once the baby is walking, it will be easier to transition to shoes. If the child is outside and mobile (walking or crawling) shoes are important for protection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Shoes and germs: Shoes have the worst germs. Yes your baby can catch a bad infection by chewing on any part of hte shoe. It also depends on the baby's abilityto fight off infectios, but it is best not to tkae such chances! ...Read more
The purpose of : Shoes is to protect the soles of his feet from sharp objects that he could step on. They don't help babies learn to walk. If he likes "cruising" barefoot on a clean, warm floor, that's fine. Walking independently = taking 10 steps or walking across a room. The hanna anderson website has swedish moccasins with fairly thick soles & footed pajamas. ...Read more
Protect if needed: Years ago parents were pushed into buying clunky, heavy shoes for a kid to learn to walk but we no now most will do better without. They often had more falls if they learned with shoes. Today we understand the feet firm up on their own & only need coverage for the environment they are in. Bare feet or rubberized socks are great indoors & simple flexible foot coverings are ok for outside. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i make sure my baby is warm enough at night without using blankets?
- How can i get rid of tendonitis in my leg or at least make it feel better?
- I am taking a maoi how long after getting off of it can i start to drink beer
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I am emotionally numb how come people can get emotional numbness
- How can i get my baby to sleep later in the morning?
- How can i get my baby to sleep at night instead of during the day?
- How can i get my baby to take amoxicillin without fussing?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free