Doctor insights on:
How Can I Make Knee Swelling Go Away
Swelling is the enlargement of organs, skin, or other body parts. It is caused by a buildup of fluid in the tissues. The extra fluid can lead to a rapid increase in weight over a short period of time (days to weeks). Swelling can occur all over the body (generalized) or only in one part ...Read more
Once inflammation su: All trauma to the knee causes causes swelling and surgery is one type of trauma; sweeling usually goes down as the muscles around the knee regain tone and strength and as the infalmmationgoes down. ...Read more
See details: You should see a rheumatologist or orthopedist and get it diagnosed and treated. ...Read more
What is the typical time for knee swelling to go away after meniscus arthoscopic and ACL reconstruction surgery?
1-4 weeks: It sometimes depends on the type of reconstruction as well as bleeding within the joint. Because of this, it is difficult to predict the amount and duration. Most of these resolve as the body seals and starts to heal. The body also starts to absorb everything over the first month. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Rest compression ice: Decreasing activity (especially the ones that cause swelling, rest, ice, compression (ace wrap) and nsaids are all reasonable ways to help treat knee swelling. To figure out why your knee is swelling, an examination, x-rays, and perhaps an MRI are often needed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Reduce swelling: Ice for 24 hrs when selling occurs then moist heat and rest. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How fast can i make my eye swelling go away?
- How can i make the swelling in my foot tattoo go away?
- How fast can i make my abdominal swelling go away?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How fast can i make my blepharitis go away?
- How fast can i make my wheezing go away?
- How fast can i make my blood shot eyes go away?
- How fast can i make my sebaceous cyst go away?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free