Doctor insights on:
How Can I Lower My Hemoglobin A1c Levels
Help? I have recently learned that my hemoglobin A1c level is at 7.7. What does this mean in terms of diabetes?
No: Hemoglobin A1c is a test used to measure the sugar content in your blood that has occurred over the last few months. By eating before a blood sugar test (usually done by finger prick) you can elevate the sugar levels in your blood, but this won't immediately change your hba1c. Hba1c comes from a build-up of "glycated hemoglobin" in the red blood cells over their life cycles, about 120 days. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Diabetic measure.: The HgbA1C is a measure reflective of your degree of diabetic control in the long term. It essentially represents a three month average of your fingersticks, as if you took a fingerstick every minute, night and day, eating and fasting, for three months straight and then averaged them all. Technically, it's the percentage of red blood cells that have glucose attached to them. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i lower my hba1c levels in a week?
- How can i reduce my hba1c level?
- How can i lower my creatinine level?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i lower my blood glucose level below 400?
- How can i lower my triglyceride level?
- How can i lower magnesium levels in my body?
- How do i lower my ldl levels?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free