Doctor insights on:
How Can I Lose Weigh While On Blood Thinners
Agents which slow ;/or break down blood clot formation in up to 3 different ways (they do not decrease blood viscosity; thickness.) (1) some inhibit platelet function (e.g. Aspirin, clopidogrel, etc.). (2) others interfere with some of the clot forming proteins (warfarin, dabigatran, rivaroxaban, etc.), (3) others stimulate the blood clot destruction ...Read more
Uncertain: There is very limited information. I was able to find 1 case report suggesting that garcinia prolonged the inr in a patient taking warfarin. No data on newer anticoagulants or anti-platelet agents. Since the exact contents of any "dietary supplement" preparation is not guaranteed, always be cautious when mixing supplements with potent medications like warfarin. ...Read more
Prevents clots: Blood thinners are any medications that inhibit steps in the pathway that leads to clotting. Aspirin and plavix, (clopidogrel) for example, inhibit platelet cells in the bloodstream from clumping together. Coumadin (warfarin) thins the blood by inhibiting the proteins in the blood that lead to deposition of fibrin, which makes up the bulk of clot material. ...Read more
Depends on level: Depends on the level. Also i check more frequently when starting and once the level is therapeutic, at least once a month. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i get another blood clot while on blood thinners?
- Can i take pure african mango while taking a blood thinner?
- Can prunes be taken while on blood thinners?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i lose weight while pregnant?
- Blood clots while on blood thinners
- Bruising while on blood thinners
- Tattoos while on blood thinners
- Talk to a hematologist online for free