Doctor insights on:
How Can I Know If My Splenectomy Scar Is Getting Infected
Signs of infection: Usually an infection in an incision occurs within a week or two of surgery. Most people have signs like increasing pain and swelling, redness, fever or pus. If you are worried, you should call your doctor. He/she is the best one to determine if you are developing an infection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
This may require: medical intervention.Get a more detailed answer ›
Hope not: I hope the piercing has been removed. If not, it needs to be. The brow is a pretty forgiving area as regards scarring. The main thing is to keep the site clean by washing with soap and water several times a day, perhaps apply Bacitracin ointment after washing, and generally get the infection cleared up asap. If it does not improve quickly, see your doctor. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Can a four week post op site/scar get infected after it was reopened at work lastnight? If so what type of infection should I be worried about?
I get small pimple like sores on my upper stomach and they almost get infected and scar ... They pop up randomly and are painful?
Impetigo: It sounds like you have impetigo caused by staphylococcus aureus or streptococcus pyogenes. You should try bactroban (mupirocin) (mupericin) ointment to the lesions and into both nares twice a day for 7 days. Also use hibiclens soap to shower and shampoo daily for 10 days. Have household members and sexual contacts treated as well. Wash all clothes, towels and bedding in hot water. Change your toothbrush. ...Read more
Bio oil: Healthtap Doctors are asked not to endorse specific brands or product lines. ...Read more
I infected from chicken pox 2 year ago. Its scars on whole body seen till date. How to get rid from this scars.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How will i know if my surgical wound is getting infected?
- How can i rebuild my abdominal muscles after a splenectomy?
- How do i know if my toenail is infected?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i tell if the stitches in my finger are getting infected?
- How can i get rid of scars on my legs?
- How can i get rid of my scars safely?
- How can i get rid of scar tissue on my cervix?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online