Doctor insights on:
How Can I Know If My Spleen Is Ruptured After Falling Down Stairs
Go to ER for CT scan: The most sensitive and specific test to diagnose injury to the spleen is a ct of the abdomen. Blunt trauma to the abdomen, like what can occur when falling down stairs, should be taken very seriously. This requires emergency room evaluation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Listen to body: Maximal healing is reached somewhere between 3-6 months... Your body usually tells you what you can and can't do.... Consider starting small stairs when ready and listen up your body (and your doctor). ...Read more
Pain: I would believe most cases of splenic ruptures would be trauma such as a car accident or participating in contact sport as football. There are medical conditions that cause enlargement of the spleen and could possible cause a rupture. Pain would be the most common symptom. The pain most likely would be in the abdomen but pain can be referred to other areas such as the back, chest, or pelvis ...Read more
Go to hospital: You should go to the hospital immediately. The spleen is very vascular and if it ruptures, the abdominal cavity can fill with blood very quickly leading to a rapid drop in blood pressure, loss of consciousness, and possibly death. After being evaluated by the emergency physician and possibly having surgery, a few vaccines may be necessary to prevent some infections. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It depends: If it was treated with surgery then you are probably OK with flying but ask your surgeon. If your ruptured spleen was managed nonoperatively then it depends on the degree of injury to the spleen but it would be prudent to wait to travel by plane for a few to several weeks after injury. Discuss it with a doctor who has seen your xrays and knows the degree of splenioc injury. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i get pregnant if i have sex right after my period n how will i know?
- How do i know if my foreskin is too small can it burst?
- How can i know if my baby is allergic to milk?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i lose weight if my job is to sit down and teach for several hours?
- How can i know if my splenectomy scar is getting infected?
- How can i know if this is an ingrown toenail on my big toe?
- How soon after my child is born will i know if she has cerebral palsy?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free