Doctor insights on:
How Can I Keep My Blood Glucose Levels Under Control
Complex Carbohydrate: Focus on 5 to 6 small meals a day composed of protein & complex carbohydrates. Avoid simple sugars. Most importantly exercise --- it will make your muscles more sensitive to Insulin & they will take up any excess sugar from the blood stream. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The blood sugar concentration or blood glucose level is the amount of glucose (sugar) present in the blood of a human or animal. The body naturally tightly regulates blood glucose levels as a part of metabolic homeostasis. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the body's cells, and blood lipids (in the form of fats and oils) are primarily ...Read more
Lifestyle & Meds: Diet-the mediterranean diet has been shown to be effective, exercise -150 minutes a week of aerobic activity, stretching, & 2 days a week of resistance training, weight loss of 7-10% weight loss if needed. There are multiple medication on the market to treat type 2 diabetes but we typically start with metformin as the mainstay of therapy and add other medications as needed based on the individual. ...Read more
NO!: Hi. No, pumps only do what you, the user and programmer, tell them to. There is one pump out now in conjunction with a continuous glucose monitor (CGM) that has an insulin suspend function, but that's still a far cry from automatic control. At this point, CGM is FAR MORE beneficial to the diabetic than a pump. Be patient...the fully automatic pump will come in our lifetime. Good luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i control my blood sugar level?
- How to keep track of blood glucose levels?
- How does the pancreas control blood glucose levels?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does homeostasis control blood glucose levels?
- How does the endocrine system control blood glucose levels?
- How can i keep my eyes moistured?
- How can i keep my erection for longer?
- How can i lower my blood glucose level below 400?