Doctor insights on:
How Can I Heal Broken Blood Vessel In My Eye
Time will heal: Think of this as a very visible "bruise" which will slowly, usually in a week, change color and fade away. If especially large, it can resemble a blood blister and become raised. It can also migrate across the surface of the eye since there is little under the clear membrane to keep it localized. In some people , if it's large, I have seen it creep into the lower lid skin with gravity. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: "broken blood vessel" is actually not a very specific diagnosis. If a small hemorrhage on the eye surface is meant, then it will typically heal and all blood resorbed within 1-2 weeks. If there is a problem in the back of the eye, it may be the tip of the iceberg. Please consider getting a proper evaluation by an eye care professional. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
In or on surface?: If it is on the surface (you can see it in the mirror) it is most likely not a problem. Occasionally blood vessels break on the surface (called sub-conjunctival hemorrhage) and looks bad, but will resolve on its own. There should not be any pain or vision changes it this occurs. If this happens mutiple times, see and ophthalmologist (there may be undelying cause). ...Read more
Broken blood vessel?: Patients with dry eyes and allergies can rub their eyes and experience recurrent broken blood vessels from the physical trauma of rubbing the eyes. In some patients it can be due to elevated inr (too much coumadin) or excessive use of Aspirin or ibuprofen. Treating the dry eye or allergies can reduce this. If you have easy bruising or bleeding, check with your primary care doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to heal a broken blood vessel in the eye?
- How to heal broken blood vessel in eye?
- Broken blood vessels in eye heal
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take a broken blood vessel in the eye to fully heal?
- How long does it take a broken blood vessel in the eye to heal?
- I can see blood vessels in my eye
- I got into a fight and may have broken blood vessel in my eye
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free