Doctor insights on:
How Can I Get Rid Of The Scars That I Have From Cuts
I use to cut my wrist when i was younger and now have several huge scars on my wrist, which are extremely embarrassing. How can I get rid of them?
Consider: consultation with a plastic surgeon.Get a more detailed answer ›
Heal them fast: The real question is what not to do that slows down healing. Avoid using alcohol, peroxide, hibiclens, betadine, and bleach solutions. Inflammation (red, hot, swollen, tender) is important to healing so anti-inflammatories (motrin/advil) are bad. Cover the area with an occlusive dressing changed every other day and protected from trauma. Antibiotics do not help healing unless it is truly infected. ...Read more
What kind of products or procedures are effective for clarity of skin, especially to get rid of marks/scars left by removal of a mole ny cuts on the s?
If it is an: actual scar - consider consultation with a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon. Take care. ...Read more
Improve, not remove: Scars are permanent. Having said that, there are ways to make them less noticeable. The first is time: scars mature over 6-18 months and don't assume their final form till then. Other methods are pressure, silicone sheeting, mederma, steroid injections or surgery. Surgery is a last resort for most scars, but many can be improved in this way if all else fails. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have got a small scar on my face due to razor cut. Its more than a year old. Are there any ointments i can use to get rid of it completely?
Only perhaps laser: Little late, but if you r self conscious of them consult a plastic surgeon 2 c if he/her can help u. Remember that there's no problem so bad that can't b made worse by surgery. ...Read more
I cut my hand 2 years ago and didn't clean the wound well. Now its forming into a lump i believe its dry blood or hypertrophic scars. How do I get rid?
Wish there was easy : Answer. Unfortunately there are no treatments to remove scars completely. As plastic surgeons we try to minimize their appearance. The only way to prevent scars is to avoid the trauma that is causing the scarring to begin with. If you have acne scars prevent the acne, burn scars-don't get burned. More easily said than done! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i get rid of a scar formed from a hysterectomy?
- How can i get rid of the swelling after wisdom teeth removal?
- I have brown patches in my armpits what is that can i get rid of it
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I picked a pimple how can i get rid of the redness and swelling
- I have sores at the crease of where my mouth opens how do i get rid of it
- How can i quickly get rid of a swollen lip from being hit?
- I have what looks like a cyst on my arm pit how can i get rid of it
- How can i get rid of ugly brown spots that are left behind from pimples?