Doctor insights on:
How Can I Get Rid Of Scar Tissue On My Cervix
The body is composed of tissue that are classically described as beiing derived from three basic embyonic layers known as the endoderm, mesoderm and ectoderm that then differentiate into the structures that compose the body such as skin, soft tissues, bone, muscle, organs, etc. Stem cells are not differentiated and have the potential to ...Read more
Besides massage, how can I get rid of scar tissue where they made the arthroscopic incisions on my ankle four months ago?
Any cream or supplement?
Scars are permanent: Topical treatments usually help with that itchy feeling scars may have. Massaging a scar can sometimes get it to mature and soften faster. Topical silicone (sheets or gel) can improve the appearance of a scar but nothing gets rid of a scar. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: A consultation with an orthopedic surgeon is a good place to start. Mild scarring can remodel with appropriate range of motion exercises, and the risk of further injury reduced with strengthening. More involved scar tissue may benefit from operative intervention. Seek a board certified orthopedic surgeon in your area for specifics. ...Read more
Risky! Worth it?: It is nearly impossible to eliminate scars here. Attempts at removing scar will likely produce more scar and therefore allowing time for the body to mature the existing scar tissue is probably best, l in rare instances where this may cause other problems such as infertility or pain intervention may be worth the risk. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Steroids or revision: Generally the best ways to improve established scars are either with steroid injections or surgical revision. Sometimes a combination is required. Silicone gel sheeting has been shown to be of some benefit where scars are not too thick, but continuous use and excellent compliance are mandatory. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i get rid of scars on my legs?
- How can i get rid of a dental abscess on my own no insurance now?
- How can i get rid of a sebaceous cyst on my jaw line under my skin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i get rid of to a rash on my arms and back?
- I have what looks like a cyst on my arm pit how can i get rid of it
- How can i get rid of these raised bumps on my forehead and nose?
- How can i get rid of pimples on my butt?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free