Doctor insights on:
How Can I Get Rid Of Oral Thrush
Oral thrush is also known as Thrush. Oral thrush is a condition in which there is too much candida yeast growth on the surfaces in the mouth or throat. The yeast overgrowth areas appear as whitish spots or patches, or in more severe cases a whitish coating covering most of the ...Read more
Clean it: first brush carefully an d thoroughly w soft toothbrush. Discard the brush. Soak mouthguard in 1 part chlorox, 3 parts water, for 2 hours. Rinse thoroughly. Place into cup, cover with water, drop In a denture cleaner tablet. Let soak for 30 minutes. At this point your Mouthguard will be clean. Keep it that way, and see your Dentist to be treated for Thrush infection. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Clotrimazole lozenge: I have hade great results with Clotrimazole lozenges or "troches." one important issue though is whether you truly have oral thrush. I have seen many patients with whitish tongues, burning mouth and other symptoms incorrectly diagnosed by well meaning practitioners. The first thing you need is a correct diagnosis. If it is thrush then Clotrimazole lozenges are very effective. ...Read more
Antifungals: Antifungal topical treatment such as nystatin(mycostatin) liquid suspension swish and swallow or Clotrimazole troches dissolve in mouth are the initial treatment. If this fails oral systemic treatment with fluconazole(diflucan) 100-200mg./day will usually be curative. Disease in aids patients can be more refractory. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Anti-fungal: There are no reliable treatments for thrush other than prescription anti-fungals. Gentian violet is non-prescription and may work but it is very messy and permanently stains clothing. Thrush is unusual in an adult unless there has been exposure to oral steroids or antibiotics. One needs to know why there is thrush. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i get rid of oral thrush without a prescription?
- How can i get rid of kidney stones by oral medicine without having surgery?
- How can i get rid of a dental abscess on my own no insurance now?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i get rid of a sebaceous cyst on my jaw line under my skin?
- How can i get rid of those deep marks on my nose when using glasses?
- How can i get rid of razor burn and ingrown hairs by my inner thigh?
- How can i get rid of vaginal irritation and dryness?
- Talk to a dermatologist online